Architect, daughter of Rose, Cheyenne, Beryl and Ronnie; in 2005, marries Packer, whom she met five years before when she did service in the Village of Jasper, far north of Ordinary, where Beryl and Ronnie live. In Journey, we briefly meet her childhood friend Cathy, from the Village of Ordinary, who accompanies Balboa’s family to Jasper to attend her wedding. In Mira, we share her sorrow when she miscarries at five months.
In Arc (9/19/2005), we learn that Balboa designed the communal apartment building in Jasper as an apprentice architect. She also teaches earth-wise construction techniques such as cob and adobe, as well as passive heating and cooling.
- Long smooth fingers (Journey, 9/9/2005)
- Favorite quiche: Spinach-leek in a flaky whole wheat crust (Threads, 9/15/2005)
- Faint lines creep near the edge of her black eyes; her smile is wide, deep, ready and mischievous (Arc, 9/19/2005)
- Born in Ordinary (Mira, 1/17/2007)
- Tall, with a “body built for birthing” (Wings, 4/13/2007)
First post appearance: Away, 8/30/2005